UC Davis Canvas is replacing SmartSite as UC Davis’ learning management system (LMS), although SmartSite will be available for teaching through spring quarter 2017. We will post updates on this website as needed throughout 2016-17.
If you have questions or comments, please contact the Move to Canvas project group.
- Update on transition from SmartSite to UC Davis Canvas (1/18/2017)
This is our latest update on the 2016-17 transition to UC Davis Canvas from SmartSite. The adoption rate continues to grow. Approximately 74 percent of instructors who are teaching with a learning management system this term are using Canvas, up from 60 percent last fall. Almost all undergraduates are using Canvas for at least one course. (more…)
- As winter term starts, 72 percent of courses are using UC Davis Canvas (1/9/2017)
As of Jan. 9, the first day of instruction, 72 percent of winter term instructors and courses using a learning management system have chosen to use UC Davis Canvas. The other 28 percent continue to use SmartSite. (more…)
- When you’re ready to submit grades, this information can help (12/7/2016)
If you’re a faculty member using Canvas to submit grades for the first time this term, you can find instructions and assistance in several places. (more…)